Monday, July 21, 2008

Macropodids are delicious

It was a weekend of drinking and eating... and it started on Wednesday with the potluck/lab meeting.

I brought two apple pies to the potluck. The pie-making was a disaster from start finish! Every step (crust, filling, topping) needed improvisation of some sort because the ingredients I usually use are not available here, or the measuring system is different, etc. In the end, the pies themselves weren't terrible and everybody enjoyed them, so I can't complain too much. I have now had kangaroo sausage and wallaby stew and both were amazing. I'm getting those sausages this weekend. WOW! Thursday, there was dinner out at a nice Chinese restaurant with yummy Peking duck. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we just went from house to house, eating a partying. I was so done by Sunday! x_x Time to scale back on the heavy foods!!

Tonight I think there is a trip to the movies to see Dark Knight and then nothing till clubbing on Friday. Excuse me, but it has to be said: I have nothing to wear. And we all know how much I hate shopping...

Work has been up and down. I'm almost at the half-way mark here, and I think there needs to be some serious thought about how it's going and what happens next. :/ I'm miserable in the lab most of the time and I'm not sure I want to keep going on this track.

I just ordered this shirt:

I want it NOW, but it will be waiting for me at home in NY. It's from wearscience.com

(I think the proper discworld turtle is a sea turtle, but I don't care!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you,
You were scheduled for lab meeting last friday and didn't show. Come to think of it I haven't seen you in weeks, what's up with that?
Halfway through another in situ and I haven't had to Monk a vial cap yet. Wish me luck.
R

Sternberg Museum, Fort Hays State University said...

I hear you really like cloacas....